Corangamite Flood Portal
Corangamite Flood Portal has flood related information for your property and the region including:
- Flood Mapping – search for your property and print a report
- Flood Advice
- Works on Waterways
- Floodplain Management
- Corangamite Regional Floodplain Strategy
- Emergency Flood Information
- FAQs and Glossary
Works on Waterways
The Corangamite Catchment Management Authority is responsible for the control, management and authorisation of works and activities in or over designated waterways in the CMA’s waterway management district.
The CMA authorises works on designated waterways via an authority permit in accordance with the CMA’s by-law No.4, Waterways Protection.
Works that require approval from the CMA include, but is not limited to:
- waterway crossings – bridges, fords, culverts and repairs to existing crossings
- stabilisation – erosion management
- vegetation – vegetation removal including removal of weed species and clearing of fallen timber
- Click to view the following guidelines and fact sheets below
- Assessment of flood risk posed by vegetation and large wood in and around waterways
- Large wood (snags) and flooding
- Instream vegetation and flooding
- Riparian (streamside) vegetation and flooding
- works – stormwater outlets and pipeline crossings
- other structures – jetty, boat launching ramp and fishing platform
- extractions – sand, rock or other material
- waterway clearing – in-stream vegetation, silt and sediment build up
Visit the Corangamite Flood Portal for more information about Works on Waterways.
If you are unsure if what you want to do requires a permit from the CMA, please email us.
Floodplain Development Guidelines – CLOSED For Comment
The Corangamite Catchment Management Authority is currently reviewing comments from interested parties on the newly drafted Floodplain Development Guidelines.
If you have any questions please email us.