2017 has been a big year! Some of our highlights have been:
- Wiyn-murrup yangarramela project held its second cultural burn.
- 40 schools participating in the River Detectives program
- Completion of the new rowing landing on the Barwon River in Geelong
- Flood recovery works underway in Colac
- EstuaryWatch turned 10 years old
- Launch of the Living Moorabool project
- Adaptation pathways approach to planning for climate change impacts on the Western District Lakes
- Increased participation in our onground works programs, citizen science programs, and community grants programs.
- Successfully completing the first 12 month wetting and drying regime at Reedy Lake
- Development of the Regional Flood Plan Management Strategy and the Port Phillip Bay (Western Shoreline) and Bellarine Peninsula Ramsar site management plan.
- Congratulations to this year’s award winners, Landcare Awards, Fire Awareness Awards and Australian Water Association Awards.
All this would not have been possible without your support. Thank you and we look forward to working with you, our partners and community members, to continue to build a healthy, sustainable and prosperous Corangamite catchment in 2018.
-Alice, Graham, Board Members and Staff.