Community engagement and participation in natural resource management is key to achieving our vision of “healthy and productive lands and waters cared for by thriving communities”.
The Corangamite Community Engagement Network will provide a forum for information exchange to:
- strengthen community understanding of Corangamite CMA’s role in natural resource management within the region;
- identify community needs, issues and barriers to participation in natural resource management;
- provide community perspective into Corangamite CMA’s strategies, plans and projects; and
- increase community advocacy and support for improved natural resource management in the region.
Community Engagement Network – Session One
Community Engagement Network – Session Three
Community Engagement Network – Session Four
Join the Network
Community members across the Corangamite region are invited to nominate to join the Corangamite Community Engagement Network.
Community representatives are expected to attend and participate in six-monthly Network forums, actively liaise between relevant stakeholder groups, participate in relevant projects and share information with other community groups and individuals, where possible.
Representatives are expected to commit to a three-year term, if possible. After this, community representatives will again be invited to apply via a nomination process, with existing members eligible to re-apply.
Refer to the Community Engagement Network Charter for further information on the role and expectations of Network members.
Members will be appointed for a three-year term. Members will be required to:
- attend an induction workshop at the commencement of their term;
- attend at least 2 Community Engagement Network forums in the first year and at least once annually thereafter;
- read Corangamite CMA communications material to stay abreast of key programs, issues and activities relating to the CMA’s business; and
- review material provided to them and respond where specific input is requested.
For more information on the Community Engagement Network and to submit a nomination please contact the Corangamite CMA on 1800 002 262.