The Corangamite CMA is a statutory authority of the Victorian Government and our roles and functions are defined in the Catchment and Land Protections Act 1994 and the Water Act 1989.
We work with land managers, communities, other organisations and governments to protect and improve the health of the region’s natural resources (water, soils, biodiversity), to improve the health and sustainable productivity of the Corangamite region.
Come to us if you need help with:
- Floodplain advice
- Works on Waterways applications
- Event permits for the Barwon through Geelong
- Funding and advice for riparian restoration, biodiversity and sustainable agriculture projects
- Information on estuary management and water for the environment
- Finding a community environment group near you
- Joining a citizen science project to monitor waterway health