General Guidelines

It is the responsibility of people who are proposing to undertake works on a designated waterway to seek advice about a permit or authorisation for the works from the CMA.

The first step is to seek confirmation from the Corangamite CMA that your waterway is a designated waterway.

A designated waterway is any waterway the CMA has declared to be designated under Section 188 of the Water Act 1989 and can include named and un-named rivers, creeks, gullies, drainage lines, lakes, lagoons, swamps, wetlands, and estuaries.

The CMA keeps maps of its designated waterways which are available for inspection during business hours, or contact the Corangamite CMA by email or telephone for advice.

You should always check to see if a permit is needed before you start work. Penalties apply for works on a designated waterway without a permit or written approval from the CMA.

CMA Blog

For all the current news from around the region. Sign up to the blog with your email so you don't miss a thing!

Click here for more

Get Involved

Become a volunteer with a Corangamite CMA community group

Click here for more

Works on Waterways

For further information works on waterways permits

Click here for more

Flood Advice

Need flood advice for a property in the Corangamite Region?

Click here for more

Barwon River Zonings 2018-19

Click here for the current list of 2018-19 zonings for the Barwon River

Click here for more

Corangamite Waterway Strategy

A new eight-year plan for healthy rivers, estuaries and wetlands.

Click here for more

Public Notices

Click here for more

Knowledge Base

The Corangamite CMA Knowledge Base is an extensive collection of publications and technical reports on all aspects of the catchment.

Click here for more

Connect with us


Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube

Flood Information

Click here for flood and weather information in the region.

Click here for more